Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A New Start

OK, OK...I know...it has been 16 months since I've posted anything on my blog and most people have probably forgotten that I ever had one but I thought I'd make a new attempt at keeping up to date with our lives. It's a new year so it's time for a new start (on the blog anyway)! I'll try to give a brief overview of the last 16 months (and maybe you'll understand why it has been that long since I've sat down at the computer to blog).

The last post was of us welcoming our daughter, Ava, into the world. Well...she is now almost 16 months old (next Monday) and is such a joy in our lives. We are now proud parents of 2 wonderful children and it has made for a very busy life. You make an adjustment to life as parents when you have your first and then you make another huge adjustment when you become parents for the 2nd time (and I'm sure every time after that...although you won't have to worry about that from us...2 is enough!). I really didn't realize just how busy I would be when we had #2 but even though life is busy, I love it and wouldn't change it for anything.

In the past year, Jeremy went from being an employee to being self-employed. This has meant that when he is working, we hardly see him but then he gets breaks where he is home for a month or more at a time. So there has been a lot of adjustments from working an 8-5 job to self-employment for him and us.

I continue to love my career as a mother and PartyLite consultant. Tyrell and Ava continue to grow and change daily. We are still working on potty training with Ty (that subject will have a whole blog post on its own) and Ava is still NOT walking (although she could)...my 2 strong-willed children...wonder where they got that trait from??!

Currently, we are looking forward to our trip to Florida with my whole family. Mama & Papa Reimer wanted to take everyone on a vacation so we are off to Orlando on February 13...so excited to leave the cold behind, if only for a little while.

That's a really quick update on our lives...I could go on for longer but I don't want to bore you on my first post back in the bloggin world!

Gotta run...later...

1 comment:

Niki said...

Welcome back!