Friday, September 21, 2007

Ava Bentley Ford





I am pleased to introdicue to you the newest addition to our family...Ava Bentley Ford. She arrived a week early at 2:02 pm on Wednesday, September 12 by emergency c-section. She weighed 7lbs, 9oz and was 53cm long (21", I think). She came quickly by c-section because she had decided to try a feet first delivery. I was at my regular doc appt when she checked me and realized that Ava had flipped and she could feel her feet. I was also 4-5 cm dliated and, from previous experience, when I go into labor things happen VERY quickly. So the doctor was going to take no chances and Ava had the doctor, the nurses and the O.R. scrambling. Needless to say, Ava arrived just over 2 hours after my regular doc appt. So I guess things happen fast if I go into labor or not!


Anyway, we have been home now for a week and things are slowly getting into a routine...although, my mom leaves tomorrow and then the real test will take place. It has been so good to have my mom here to help with Ava and give Tyrell LOTS of attention that I can't. I have a hard time not being able to pick him up and cuddle like we used to but hopefully the 6 weeks will pass quickly and I can get back to that!


Tyrell has been really good with Ava as well. He holds her and kisses her and the transition (so far) has been fairly smooth. There were, and still are, some temper tantrums when mom can't pick him up like he's used to but I do my best to give him his share of the attention in other ways! He has been a great big brother!

1 comment:

amy said...

Wow! Congratulations! So the Dr's were right, your little baby was a girl! I love her name! Bentley was a name that I really loved for a boy, Darren not so much, but we had a girl, so we didn't have to deal with that one. Our little girl was born on the 13th, her name is Averi Jael.
Hope that everything continues to go well for you and wishing you a speedy recovery.