Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Mommy, I have to go pee!"

You don't know how long I have waited to hear those words...and, today, I FINALLY heard them for the first time in 3 years, 2 months and 8 days. Potty training...it has caused me many white hairs (that's what I'm blaming them on) in the last year or so. We tried EVERYTHING anyone told us and nothing worked. My son would not go on the potty no matter what we bribed him with or what techniques I tried over and over. Jeremy had words with Tyrell last night after changing yet another poopy diaper and today it seemed to click because he told me he wanted to wear underwear today. I warned him that he would be cleaning his own undies if he chose not to tell us when he had to go and Jeremy reminded him to tell us too and the repsonse we got was, "I know, I know, I need to tell you when I have to poop or pee." We had heard those words before so I wasn't holding my breath. But today something changed and it was like a switch was turned on and he hasn't had any accidents all day. I am so proud and happy, I can't even begin to explain my elation! It sounds funny if you have never struggled and been extremely frustrated by this problem but it is the highlight of 2009...so far...you'll hear about it in my Christmas 2009 letter, I'm sure. :)

So for those out there that are still in the midst of potty training, I have absolutely no advice because I fought and struggled and nothing worked...when they are ready it will click! For those who are not parents yet, I've probably bored you...sorry...my kids are my life right now!

1 comment:

Niki said...

How are things going??? More posts please? : )