Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Time for an update


I realized, after reading 2 of my cousin's blogs, that it's been 3 months since I've updated our blog. I started once a couple of weeks ago but got sidetracked before I was finished (that happens a lot with kids). So here I sit at 7:48 am, wishing I was still asleep but realizing that, once again, with kids this happens way too much. Sleeping in is a thing of the past, although, I do sometimes get the kids up, get them some breakfast, put their shows on and go back to bed for just a little more sleep. Sleep is definitely one of the things I miss most now that we have children. They used to sleep until 8 am but now I have to force them to stay in their beds until at least 7 am. Tyrell just does not understand that 6:30 am is WAY to early to be up! Oh well...soon it'll be a chore to get him out of bed (or so I'm told) and then I'll remind him of the days he was up at 6. Until then, I guess I'll just be a sleep deprived mom.

Like I said, a couple of weeks ago I started an update and then had to stop but I now realize why I may not have finished...I really don't know what to update on. Our lives are pretty similar day after day without much change. We are busy, busy doing the same things everyday. We get up (way too early), eat breakfast, I try to sneak in some exercise time, the kids watch their shows or go play outside, I try to do some PartyLite work while they are occupied, then it's lunch time, then nap time for Ava and quiet time for Ty and I try to get some housework done or more PartyLite work, then it's time to make supper and the kids play, then time to pick up the babysitter (if Jeremy's not home and I have a show or meeting) and off I go. Or I am home with the kids for the evening and after supper consists of baths, a little play time and bedtime (which I am really looking forward to by the end of the day). And that's how my days...I know, nothing exciting there but I am always doing something. There really is not much, if any, down time in my day. Isn't it funny how kids completely and totally change your life/schedule?

Now off to, hopefully, sneak in some exercise before my day gets away on me!

No comments: