OK, so this heat is really starting to get to me! I know we complain when it's cold and so we really shouldn't complain when it's warm but this heat is making me melt. It's been above 30 everyday for the last 4 or 5 days, our house is hot, I'm pregnant and I have a toddler who wants to crawl all over me. The mornings are bearable but after that you start to sweat just sitting still. I'm not sure if I find the heat harder because of being pregnant but I was debating whether it would be better to be pregnant right now or have a newborn and I've decided that carrying the baby this way is better than struggling with a newborn to make sure they drink enough to stay hydrated and trying to keep them cool. It's hard enough with a toddler - he's been sleeping in only a diaper for the last 5 days. The thing with Tyrell is that he loves to be outside so it's really hard to make him understand that at 3 in the afternoon, it is WAY too hot to be running around outside. I try to take him out before lunch and then after supper when it's much cooler. Jeremy bought him a pool which he's starting to really enjoy and so are mommy and daddy, I might add!
As far as my pregnancy goes...I am REALLY looking forward to being done. I love the result of being pregnant but not so much the actual pregnancy. Some women love it...I am definitely NOT one of them. 9 months is just so long for your body to be taken over. I just want to be skinny again and wear regular clothes. But enough complaining, I know there are plenty of women who would love to be pregnant and can't so I really should count my blessings that we have been able to conceive children so easily. Currently, I am 30 weeks pregnant which means I am about 7 months pregnant and I have about 10 weeks to go (give or take). We found out at our ultrasound that we are having a girl but we have decided to have a back-up boy name just in case. Having a newborn around again scares me quite a bit. I am enjoying sleeping through the night but at least I know that there will be an end to that as well and sleepless nights really don't last that long.
We are no where close to having everything ready for this baby, though. My office will eventually be converted into the baby's room but we first need to do some work in the basement so the office can be moved there. Once you own a house, the work seems never ending. There is always something to fix or improve and they all take money. A week ago we shingled our roof which was in dire need of new shingles. Most of the asphalt was in the eavestrouphs, I think, but now we've fixed that problem. Darryl came here to help with that while Sheri was in Mexico. It was a GREAT help to us as well as a way for him to pass the time waiting for his wife to get back! Our next project is the basement, then maybe windows, a deck, new doors, baseboards, a garage...see the list never ends, I could keep going!
Anyway, I really should get some work done today so I better run.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like melting isn't much fun...we don't have air conditioning either, so we heat up quite quickly as well! We just insulated our attic, though, so hopefully that will help keep the heat out a bit! We also shingled our roof this summer! Hopefully we don't have to do that again soon (hail...). Hope the last 10 weeks of your pregnancy go by quickly for you! And thanks for the comment about home businesses/open houses...I guess it just takes practice!
Post a Comment