Sunday, March 05, 2006

Exhaustion!


I am truly amazed at how little sleep I can function on! Ty's new thing is to be WIDE awake around 5 am. This morning he decided to wake around 4:45 am and so I thought he was hungry...well...he hardly ate anything and then proceeded to give me a wide-eyed look and his famous grin. As if he was saying, "Mom, we're up anyway, we may as well play!" Unfortunatley, mommy isn't quite as wide-eyed and happy at 5 am. I put him back to bed but was up a few more times before 7 am to try, unsuccessfully I might add, to get him back to sleep. So at 7 am I do what I do every morning when he wants to be awake...I put him in his swing which usually can buy about another hour or so of sleep for me! I wouldn't mind getting up early with him if he would sleep through the night but that hasn't happened very often yet and so exhaustion has overcome me today. And yet, how can you not smile at a face like this. Once again I must really say that we have been truly blessed with a happy child...now we just have to work on the sleeping thing!

No comments: