Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Words

Tyrell's vocabulary has been expanding quite quickly as of late. He has been saying "mama", "dada" and "happy" for a while but he now says "hi" and seems to say it at the right time so I assume that means he knows what it means. I was walking into Walmart the other day and we passed a lady going to her car and Ty shouts out, "Hi" as she walks by. I think it made her day. She smiled and said "Hi" back. How can you not simle at a 1 year old randomly shouting out "Hi" to you on the street! Yesterday he also discovered "banana" although it sounds more like "nana" but he knows what he's speaking of when he says it so I'm impressed. I believe he also has his own language that he speaks too. He'll sit and jabber at you for quite a while. I guess that's what we sound like to him!

He also can wave bye-bye (he's been doing that for awhile as well), give you five and when you ask him for a kiss he'll usually open his mouth real wide and move in for a big, slobbery kiss. It's just so cute you don't even mind all the spit that comes with it!

That's a quick update on Ty. It's so fascinating to watch him learn things and they learn soooo fast, it's incredible!

As for Jeremy and I, it's been a whole year since we've become parents and we love it. Even though there are frustrating times, when he smiles or kisses or just jabbers at you, you can't help but smile and it fills your heart with a love you never knew was possible! Funny how kids can do that to you. One thing I do miss, though, from my pre-parenting days, is sleeping in! For those without kids, you know how you look forward to a day, usually Saturday, when you don't have to set your alarm and you can sleep until you wake up. Well, I no longer have that luxury. I don't have to set my alarm clock because I have one just down the hall that wakes me up around 7-7:30am each morning, 7 days a week! And there are definitely days you just want to sleep but the screaming doesn't go away by pressing snooze, in fact, it just gets louder and more fierce.

Last weekend Jeremy got up with Tyrell and let me sleep in, which was nice. I slept until almost 10:00! That hasn't happened in a very long time so I was very thankful to my husband for allowing me to sleep! So, speaking of sleep...Ty is now having a nap...maybe I should too!

No comments: