Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August update

August has flown by extremely fast. Lots has happened and so I'll give a quick update on our lives.

Jeremy left for Costa Rica on the 28th of July for 2 weeks for a missions trip with our church. About 27 or 28 people from our congregation made up this team that joined with Samaritan's Purse to help a church on Chira Island. http://www.nicoyapeninsula.com/general/map.html He arrived back home on August 13 all tanned (weather was around +40 the entire time) and Tyrell and I were very glad to have him back home again. Two weeks being a sinlge parent is more than enough for me! I admire those who do it all the time...I have a whole new sense of what that's all about. For those who are interested in hearing more about Jeremy's trip and live close enough to Lloydminster to join us, on September 17 the whole team will be giving a presentation on their experience at Southridge Community Church at 10:30am. We'd love to have you join us for the service.

While Jeremy was in Costa Rica, I only had about 5 days totally on my own with Tyrell. After that I joined my parents as we drove to BC for my cousin's wedding in Kelowna. The trip took 2 days there and 2 days back...you try keeping a 9 month old occupied and happy for hours and hours in a car seat! Let's just say that singing "You Are My Sunshine" got really old after a while...although it kept Ty very happy. We were in BC for about a week before heading back to Stony Plain to spend time with Darryl & Sheri for a few days before I picked Jeremy up from the airport in Edmonton on the 13th.

Tyrell learned to "crawl" while we were on holidays. It was more of an army crawl where he pulled himself along the ground with his arms. He now is full on crawling around the house getting into the dirt in my plants, pulling magazines apart and lately, the toliet has become quite interesting as well. So, needless to say, all doors are now closed and his crib mattress has been moved down a couple of notches because he's also learned to pull himslef up in his crib. Ty also LOVES to walk when you hold his hands and so it won't be long before he's cruising the house on two feet instead of all fours.

Tomorrow he is 10 months old and I don't know where the time has gone. Has it almost been a year since he was born? Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and other times it feels like he has always been here. And what did I do with all my time before he came into our lives? Oh ya, I know! I slept a whole lot more!

Anyway, that's the update for August. Pictures will follow shortly. While in BC I didn't have the digital camera so I'm waiting on developing and then I'll post some pics of the trip. Until then...

No comments: